THE HISTORY QUILL BOOK CLUB GIVEAWAY – OFFICIAL RULES
ACTION/ADVENTURE GIVEAWAY, OCTOBER 2021
1) No purchase necessary. No purchase is necessary to enter this giveaway. Your chances of winning do not increase with a purchase.
2) Eligibility. This giveaway is open to all legal residents of the mainland United Kingdom and Northern Ireland, and all legal residents of the contiguous United States, excluding residents of Rhode Island, who are 18 years old or over on the date of entry. The following additional exclusions apply: employees, directors, officers, and subcontractors of Fictive Pursuits LTD and their immediate family members, suppliers of Fictive Pursuits LTD, and advertising partners of Fictive Pursuits LTD are not eligible to enter. This giveaway is void, and entrants ineligible, where prohibited by law. Entrants must be physically present in their country of residence when they enter.
3) Sponsorship. This giveaway is offered by The History Quill, which is a trading name of Fictive Pursuits LTD, through The History Quill Book Club. Fictive Pursuits LTD is a limited company registered in England and Wales (company number: 12025890). Registered office address: International House, 64 Nile Street, London, N1 7SR, United Kingdom. We will conduct the giveaway in line with these official rules.
4) Agreement to rules. By entering this giveaway, entrants agree to adhere to these official rules and the decisions of Fictive Pursuits LTD. We have the right to refuse, withdraw, or disqualify entrants at our sole discretion.
5) Entry period. This giveaway begins on 13 October, 4pm BST and closes on 27 October, 3pm BST.
6) How to enter. To enter this giveaway, you must complete the online form on our website here:
https://thehistoryquill.com/giveaways. Only one entry is allowed per person, and entry via a bot or other automated process is not permitted. Entries will be invalidated if they are found to be ineligible according to these rules, if they are made fraudulently or illegally, or if they are incomplete.
7) Prizes. The prize is four paperback action/adventure historical fiction books: Absaroka War Chief by Bryan Ney, The Boys Who Woke Up Early by A.D. Hopkins, When Starlings Fly as One by Nancy Blanton, and Souvenirs from Kiev: Ukraine and Ukrainians in WW2 by Chrystyna Lucyk-Berger. There will be one winner. The estimated retail value of each prize, consisting of the aforementioned books, is £44.20 GBP / £50.02 USD. The actual value may differ at the time the prizes are awarded. Fictive Pursuits LTD will cover the reasonable cost of delivery of the prizes via Amazon. The prize winner is solely responsible for all other expenses related to the prizes, including payment of any taxes. Prizes are not transferable but may be substituted for cash or an Amazon gift certificate of the same value at the sole discretion of Fictive Pursuits LTD if there is a reason why delivery of the prizes is not possible, practical, or reasonable, either financially or logistically. Fictive Pursuits LTD is not responsible if prizes go missing or arrive damaged during the delivery process; this must be resolved between the winner and the company responsible for delivery, and we will not reissue prizes or provide compensation under these circumstances except at our sole discretion.
8) Odds. The total number of eligible entries received determines the odds of winning.
9) Selection and notification of the winner. All entrants will be assigned a number in order of when they entered the giveaway. The winner will then be selected using the random sequence generator on random.org, which chooses random numbers using atmospheric noise. The winner will be the first number generated. The winner will be notified via email within one week of selection. We are not responsible for the winner failing to receive the notification email due to their spam settings or other technical reasons, or because they failed to provide the correct email address. The winner must respond to the notification within one week and provide their full address and other required information for delivery in order to receive the prize. If they do not respond within this timeframe or do not provide their full address or other required information for delivery, or if they are found to be ineligible, the prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner will be selected. An alternate winner will be selected in descending order from the numbers originally generated, starting with the second number. The winner must comply with all legal requirements in order to receive their prize.
10) Rights granted by the entrant. All entrants agree that acceptance of a prize grants Fictive Pursuits LTD the right to include their name, state or county, and country in our winners list, which will be available to members of the public upon written request.
11) Special procedures. We reserve the right to modify, suspend, or cancel this giveaway should we determine that fraudulent or illegal means have been used to interfere with the giveaway, including but not limited to the use of bots or other automation technology to manipulate the giveaway. We may determine the winner based on all eligible entries received prior to this intervention.
12) Limitation of liability. By entering this giveaway, you release from liability Fictive Pursuits LTD, our officers, directors, employees, subcontractors, and partners for any and all legal claims related to or resulting from this giveaway.
13) Disputes. In the event of legal dispute, this agreement is governed exclusively by the laws of England and Wales, and if the entrant and Fictive Pursuits LTD cannot resolve any disputes, they must be resolved in the courts of England and Wales.
15) Winners list. To request a copy of the winners list, please put your request in writing, along with a self-addressed, self-stamped envelope, to Fictive Pursuits LTD, International House, 64 Nile Street, London, N1 7SR, United Kingdom. The winners list will be available no sooner than 30 days after the end of the giveaway and shall be provided on request for a period of no more than 60 days after it becomes available.
16) Official rules. All entrants will automatically receive a copy of the official rules via email after they enter.
17) Social media platform rules. This giveaway is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook, YouTube, or Twitter. By entering the giveaway, the entrant agrees to release Facebook, YouTube, and Twitter from any and all liability related to or resulting from the giveaway. All entrants, partners, and anyone associated with this giveaway must comply with YouTube’s community guidelines (https://www.youtube.com/howyoutubeworks/policies/community-guidelines/) in relation to this giveaway.